H.O. Penn is pleased to announce that you now have a choice in control options for D Series Skid Steer Loaders, Multi Terrain Loaders and Compact Track Loaders. Announcing Cat® Hand & Foot Controls as a factory option on a wide range of models.
If you’ve operated other brands of equipment in the past and are comfortable with the Hand & Foot Controls, we now offer that option. Cat Hand & Foot Controls differ from competitive “mechanical” hand and foot controls. Cat Hand & Foot Controls utilize the electro-hydraulic architecture of the D Series models enabling drive and implement response can be adjusted to match operator preference.
Superior Operator Comfort
Feature: The D Series equipped with Hand and Foot controls provides an extensive list of features to keep operators comfortable all day long:
|Cat Hand & Foot Controls||Competitive Mechanical Hand & Foot Controls|
|Short throw, low effort joysticks||Long throw, higher effort levers|
|Independently adjustable seat mounted joystick controls and arm bars||Fixed position control levers and arm bar|
|Seat, controls, and arm bars move fore-aft together||Fore-aft seat adjustment only|
|Low step-in height||Deeper step-in height|
|One-piece Sealed and Pressurized cab||Two-piece cab relies on foamseals to join sections|
|Integrated rearview camera||None|
Benefit: More comfortable and ergonomic operation compared to competitive mechanical hand and foot controls.
Value to Customer:
- The combination of low effort joysticks and highly adjustable seat, controls and arm bars allows for comfortable operating positions for operators of any size –Increased Productivity, Reduced Fatigue
- The rearview camera and mirror provide excellent visibility from a forward looking operator position, eliminating the need to twist the body to see behind the machine. -Increased Comfort, Jobsite Safety
Advanced Machine Performance
Feature: The Cat D Series machines provide the operator machine control features to achieve higher levels of performance in a wide range of applications. The following features differentiate Cat Hand & Foot Controls from competitive mechanical hand and foot controls:
- Steering and bucket response adjustment
- Speed sensitive ride control
- Straight line tracking
Benefit: Electro-hydraulic controls enable these features that allow the machine and operator to work smarter, not harder.
Value to Customer:
- Controls are customizable to operator skill, preference or task for smoother and more precise operation –Increased Productivity, Improved Job Efficiency
- Allows for utilization of speed sensitive ride control feature in a broad range of applications and travel speeds –Increased Productivity, Improved Job Efficiency, Increased Operator Comfort
- Straight line tracking and anti-stall work in the background to deliver optimum machine performance –Increased Productivity, Improved Job Efficiency, Reduced Downtime
Hand and Foot Controls are available for the following models:
Skid Steer Loaders: 226D, 232D, 236D, 242D, 246D, 262D
Multi Terrain Loaders: 257D, 277D, 287D
Compact Track Loaders: 239D, 249D, 259D, 279D, 289D