Cat Machines are Built For It!
The Two Best Investments In Heavy Equipment – Cat Machines and Caterpillar Certified Rebuild
Did you know Cat machines are built for a 2nd Life?
A Cat machine is the best investment in productivity you can make and there is a way to improve it – a Cat Certified Rebuild. When most competitive models would require replacement, Cat equipment can be rebuilt to deliver a cost-effective “second life.” Cat machines are “built to be rebuilt.” The extensive Cat Certified Rebuild program incorporates the very latest critical engineering updates into your machine at a fraction of the cost of buying new. After a thorough evaluation, including more than 350 tests, and inspections, and the automatic replacement of approximately 7,000 parts, you get a like new machine and warranty. As you’d expect, our quality standards are just as stringent the second time around – because only trained dealer service professionals and only Genuine Cat Parts are used to complete a Cat Certified Rebuild.
Cat Certified Rebuild (CCR) Program Step by Step:
- Inspection/Evaluation – The condition of the machine is thoroughly inspected. This includes SOS Fluid Analysis, inspecting attachments, and reviewing maintenance and service records.
- Disassembly – The machine is completely disassembled down to the basic machine frame. All parts are carefully inspected and measured against the Caterpillar Parts Reusability Guidelines. Certain parts (including hoses, belts, seals, gaskets, bearings, knobs, wiring, switches, and gauges) are always replaced with new parts.
- Reconditioning – Frames are examined, straightened, reinforced and welded when necessary. Worn linkage pins and shaft bearings are replaced and hydraulic systems are brought back to original levels of performance and reliability.
- Engineering Updates – Certain engineering improvements and updates may have been made since original manufacturing of the machine. Many of these improvements will be incorporated into the machine when it is reassembled.
- Engine/Transmission Tests – Engine, transmission, and torque converter are completely disassembled, inspected, reconditioned, and updated to Cat Certified Rebuild Standards. Each component is thoroughly bench tested before installation in the machine.
- Reassembly – Critical clearances and pressure settings are all maintained and recorded.
- Performance Testing – All critical systems are tested to verify that they meet stringent rebuild specifications. All tests are periodically audited by Caterpillar to ensure the finished product meets Cat standards.
- Repainting – The entire machine is painted and new identifying graphics are applied resulting in a new looking machine.
- New Serial Number – A new serial number identifies the machine and certifies that is has completed the rebuild process. The rebuilt machine carries a like-new machine warranty.
- Customer Evaluation – The rebuild process is complete when the customers are satisfied with the reliability, productivity, and availability of the machine as it operates in their working environment.
Is a Cat Certified Rebuild Right for your business? Click here to find out! (Create a link to article provided)
Choose from 3 Levels to fit your fleet management needs.
What our customers are saying!
“It’s like getting a new machine without paying the price for a new machine.
Paying 50-55% of new for a Cat Certified 950G fits my budget and comes with a warranty and attractive financing. Plus, our operator benefits from a like new machine in the same size class and technology that he is accustomed to.”
– L.J. Grillo, Grillo Services
“H.O. Penn communicated with me during each phase of the rebuild process.
They turned my tired 330BL Cat excavator into a like new machine without paying the new machine price. They completely rebuilt my hydraulic system and power train, replaced every hose and re-painted the entire machine. It looks brand new. I was also very pleased with the interest-free financing, extended warranty and maintenance plan.”
– Jim Garito, Garito Contracting
“This Caterpillar road grader looks brand new. But it’s really 27 years old.
Instead of buying a new one at a cost to taxpayers of $185,000, we refurbished the one we had. We spent $85,000 to make this 1989 model look and perform like new — saving taxpayers $100,000.”
– David Douglas, Rockland County Government
Superintendent of Highways Skip Vezzetti, pictured here with Bob Kezek, Scott Miller (in the cab), Rick Calderoni and Rockland County Executive Ed Day.
H.O. Penn can offer Cat Certified Rebuilds on the following equipment types and models:
Track-Type Tractors D6H, D6R, D7G, D7H, D7R, D8K, D8L, D8N, D8R, D9H, D9L, D9N, D9R, D10, D10N, D10R, D11N, D11R
Wheel Loaders 950B, 950E, 950F, 966C, 966D, 966E, 966F, 966G, 970F, 972F, 980C, 980F, 980G, 988B, 988F, 988FII, 988G, 990, 992B, 992C, 992D, 992G, 994, 994D
Motor Graders 12G, 12H, 14G, 14H, 16G, 16H, 24H, 120G, 140G, 140H
Track-Type Loaders 953C, 963, 973, 973C, 977L
Scrapers 621E, 621F, 627E, 627F, 631D, 631E, 633D, 637D, 637E, 651E, 657E
Off-Highway Trucks 769C, 769D, 771D, 773B, 773D, 775B, 775D, 777, 777B, 777C, 785, 785B, 789B, 793B, 793C, 797
See for yourself!
Cat Certified Brochure (PDF)
Cat Inspect App